Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pumpkin Pie...For Breakfast!

Rules. So many rules that we feel like we HAVE to follow in order to be “successful” or be at our best. But I believe this is a false equivalency. I have found the key to my “success” or what I prefer to call happiness is ditching the rules! Listening to my intuition and allowing myself to live authentically – in a way that is real and unique to me, has made all the difference. I used to go to EXTREME measures to follow the “rules” so that everything would look just right.  Even though it may have looked like I was on the path of righteousness, it was smoke screen. I was drowning on the inside and the outside soon reflected this internal state. 

So, I decided to ditch the rules.  

There was an interesting article in the Huffington Post yesterday that touched on this very subject. Many of us try and impose arbitrary food “rules” in order to manage our health. Well, I challenge you to try something new…have pie for breakfast!



The chill in the air and the feeling of fall had me craving some warm pumpkin pie! So, I listened to my body and made pumpkin pie oats for breakfast! Soo delicious packed with vitamins and essential nutrients.  A simple mix of raw oats, flax, chia seeds, pure pumpkin, plant fusion protein and coconut milk. Topped with granola, banana, strawberries and almond butter!


I was feeding my body and soul!  I have written about primary food before. Feeding your body in a way that satisfies the soul is essential to health. You can absolutely enjoy good, whole health AND your food! You may have some rules running through your head that make this seem impossible – but I would urge you to quiet those voices. Crowd out the rules and ideas that you have to be “perfect” by some outwardly imposed standard. Set your own standards. Be perfect in your uniqueness. Be an individual and IN-Power others to do the same. And while you’re at it…have some pie for breakfast!

What rules are you going to ditch today?!



No comments:

Post a Comment