Friday, September 13, 2013

Change is in the Air..

There was a time, not all that long ago. that I would have quickly, and without much hesitation, turned down almost any and every invitation for dinner, drinks or any kind of social engagement that interfered with my “healthy” lifestyle. I had a very strongly held belief that I could only eat specific foods and had to abide by my “training” routine in order to stay fit.  Well, I followed these rules for a few years and was not only unhealthy but I was also unhappy. One day, with the help of several incredible people, I decided I wanted and deserved more.  So I got to work on building my IN-Power and learned what real whole health was really about.  Now, I seize the opportunity to not only enjoy the company of incredible and inspiring friends, new and old,  but also savor the delicious food that Philadelphia has to offer!

Melograno Rustico Plate

The picture above does not do the Rustico plate appetizer justice. The combination of char grilled and marinated vegetables paired with the crostini topped with olive and white bean tapenade was even more amazing than it sounds...yes it is possible!


Although many people believe that in order to eat well and live a healthy lifestyle you must religiously monitory you intake and prepare your own food, I would argue a different point. A healthy lifestyle is one in which you experience joy, peace and love. Food is only one form of nourishment. In order to be healthy, it is imperative to be able to enjoy a wholesome meal out, because the real, primary food of relationships, is much more nutritious than any super food salad will ever be!

With that said, the business of the last week had me craving some good home cooking! The slight crisp chill in the air and the promise of the changing season had me craving one of my favorite dishes that combines the best of late summer and fall seasonal ingredients!



Enter eggplant and fig capponatta with home made sausage and sweet potato hash!

      


This meal is so incredibly satisfying, and nutritious! It was the perfect end to an amazing week! Keep an eye out for the recipe in this month’s newsletter!

Have you made any whole health changes lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment