Monday, June 9, 2014

Fresh Blooms


It has been a long while. My last post was several months ago, after I had returned from a edifying yoga retreat. Unfortunately, my tendency to over involve myself left me little time to do the writing that I would have liked.  SOO naturally, with starting a new job today, I thought it was a great time to “get back on the horse!” On Saturday I moved into a new dorm for the summer that will be my home during my internship at ESPN. It is a very exciting, energizing opportunity that is filled with uncertainty. As we all know, change or transition is difficult and throw some unknown variables into the mix and it is a recipe for anxiety! So having invested significant time in getting to know myself, I knew the best way to help maintain balance and peace of mind during this experience is to fall back into the old habits that energize my soul.  Enter, The Whole Peace…and Yoga! 

After getting next to no sleep on my first night back in a twin bed (holy achy back!), while my 8 roommates (yes you read that correctly) slept, I hoped onto the spotty wifi to find the closes yoga studio. To my pleasant surprise there was an 8:45 hot power class a mere 7 miles away. Bloom Yoga Studio was exactly what I was looking for. The universe’s way of reminding me that following my heart will bring me to the right place at the right time. 

One of the yoga mantras written on the wall read “Bloom where you are planted.” Albeit simple, I found this line to be incredibly poignant.  Over the past few years I have been planted and re-planted several times in locations that are all very different. Each was an opportunity to learn, grow and flourish in a new environment. This simple line was a reminder that the challenges that lie ahead are nothing more than an opportunity to learn from those around me, grow, learn and flourish in new ways, that were perhaps previously undiscovered. The decision to “bloom where you are planted” is a commitment to being present, in the moment and dedicated to being the best version of myself in the face of every opportunity.

Come Monday, its time to take the field!  Day one is always the most exciting, new people, places and the endless possibilities!   Cant wait to see how this garden blossoms!



Have a great Monday…what is blooming in your garden?

No comments:

Post a Comment